How to Activate UAN Number Online:
An employee must Activate UAN Number Online before using UAN Services. UAN is a 12 digit unique number allotted by EPFO Organization to all its members i.e. all employees covered under EPF and EPS Schemes. Government of India has introduced Universal Account Number first time in the year 2014.
Employees are required to generate a password after the UAN Activation Process is completed. With help of UAN Number and Password, employees can get each & every update of their PF Account from their computer and mobile. However, Internet Connection is required to access UAN Member Portal from a computer or cellphone.
How to Activate UAN Number Online
The EPFO Organization brought UAN to make all the transactions of Employee's PF Accounts more transparent. In past three years, all EPFO Services are taken over by UAN Services. Now the employee who doesn't have a UAN Number, cannot access to 90% services of EPFO. But the employees have to Activate UAN before they try to login to UAN Member Portal.
How to Activate UAN Number Online
Employee can Activate UAN Number Online by following methods:
- UAN Activation by UAN Member Portal
- UAN Activation through EPFO Mobile App (m-epf)
01. UAN Activation by UAN Member Portal
- Log on to EPFO Unified Portal at unifiedportal.epfindia.gov.in.
- Find out ONLINE SERVICES section and navigate to For Employees.
- Click on UAN Member e-Sewa link to go to relevant page.
- You will see Member Sign In section on upper right side of the page and Activate UAN link just below it.
- Select the link to open UAN Activation Page.
- Now you have to provide one of the four document numbers i.e. UAN Number or Member ID (PF Account Number) or Aadhaar or PAN Number.
- Thereafter, enter your Full Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Finally click on Get Authorization Pin to proceed.
- You will receive a PIN Number on your mobile.
- Enter the Pin in the box given on UAN Activation Page.
- Submit the details to complete the process on your side.
- Your UAN Number will soon be Activated after verification is done by UAN authorities.
02. UAN Activation through EPFO Mobile App (m-epf)
First of all you must have a Smartphone and Internet Connection to download the EPFO Mobile App, further process is given below:
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your Smartphone (make sure Data Connection is ON).
- Find out Search Bar, write "m-epf" to search the App.
- Select the m-epf Mobile App and click on Install.
- Accept the Permissions required by m-epf App to start downloading.
- Wait for a few moments until the Application gets downloaded and installed (App Installation is automatic by default).
- Get out of App Store and go to Application Menu.
- Click on EPFO App icon to open the application (internet must be ON).
- You will see three options i.e. Member, Pensioner and Employer.
- Select Member tab to go to next screen.
- Click on Activate UAN button to open UAN Activation Form.
- Enter your Establishment Code, Extension Code, Employee Number and UAN Number.
- Also provide your Mobile Number in 10 digits without 0 or +91.
- Tick the Declaration Box and click on ACTIVATE button to proceed.
- Your UAN will soon be Activated by EPFO UAN Authorities.
Kindly visit Official Website at www.epfindia.gov.in OR unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ to get more information of How to Activate UAN Number Online.